Sunday, August 10, 2014

My body has power centers

My long run this weekend felt really long. I walked a bit. I went into CVS to get water. I tried to take in what was around me, but mostly looked at my feet. My legs felt heavy and tired. They wanted to stop moving. So I would walk during those times.

What I noticed is that, if I shifted my concentration to other parts of my body – my core, my sacrum – I got a burst of energy. My sacrum is strong and can “take on” a lot of the energy of the run. I had felt this before, but remembered it again yesterday. It was a welcome familiarity.

I think I’m also someone who is prone to dehydration, maybe more easily than others. I drank two full Poland spring squirty bottles during the run and still had dry mouth. Flushing out the system and stretching are two sneaky areas where I think I need to put my focus.


Mentally, it’s been a hell of a week. I’ve been all over the place. My mind and my body are working on two completely different puzzles. The run helped bring them together a bit. I am going to try and take my body on the runs during the week. I think our loosening up together makes a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment