One of the
benefits of someone special in your life passing is the wide and broad
perspective it can bring. As mentioned, my grandfather was a lover of birds and
trees. Now, I am noticing every single bird and tree I am hearing, as if for
the first time.
His clarity
in what he cared about is helping me ask the question: what do I care about?
What is most important to me? What themes will I want people discussing as they
share memories of me.
I am clear
that a large part of my life’s work will be to take care of my body as a vessel
of my being. That definition of “taking care” has broadened. It’s not only
about food and exercise, although those are important. It’s also about getting exposure
to the ocean or mountains, about playing and feeling new muscles, not just
working the old ones. About laughter and learning and being a kid again, and
having that just be who I am, not a role I try on when I want an excuse to be
immature.
I am opening
and it’s getting me closer to clarity. I can’t just go find that clarity. I am
working on getting in the groove so the clarity just shows up.
There’s a
woman in Rockport, MA who dances on the beach. She is stunning to watch – I get
mesmerized. What I admire most is her boldness. Her moves are beautiful and
graceful too, but her boldness is what strikes me first: to really not give a
crap about what anyone thinks and dance. Sometimes I feel like I am
interrupting her intimate time with nature. Like the rest of us on the public
beach shouldn’t be there. She is beautiful and I am adopting “dancing in
Rockport” as a new value that I have for myself.
Big love
today.
No comments:
Post a Comment