Wednesday, October 21, 2015

My body and I went to the Rolfer

Yesterday, I treated my body and I to a session with our Rolfer. Rolfing sort of sits in the middle between chiropractory and massage. Rolfers work the fascia of your body, the connective tissue that goes around muscles - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascia

I went to a Rolfer for the first time about 8 years ago. At the time, I was looking for help with my posture, as Rolfing is all about aligning the body structure so that we can live with gravity. Because we used to walk on 4 legs, the design of our system is really much more geared for that.

What I learned this time is that I have a tendency to "tuck my tail." In other words, my butt bone tucks in and I lose the lumbar curve in my back. So, the Rolfer got to work and now I am much more mindful about how I sit and stand so that I keep that lumbar curve. My body is adjusting now but I know will be incredibly grateful soon - and might already be.

Onward - today we're heading out for a walk together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment