Monday, October 26, 2015

My body and I slept outside

My body and I went camping this weekend. It gave us time to reconnect with nature and settle into the natural world a bit more.

I have a deep love and connection with nature. It is centering and grounding for me - in other words - I feel like I get back to my true self there. And I did again this weekend. We slept in the woods, hiked trails and saw lots of leaves changing. It was stunning and moving. 

I was reminded that love for body is as much (maybe even more?) about emotional stability as it is good eating and exercise habits. I want to exercise because I am moved to, it feeds me. If I feel like I have to, it's just less exciting and it feels (and might actually be) less effective.

So, today kicked off with some morning exercises to get my mind and body ready for the day. I am full of good fuel and have a plan for more good fuel throughout the day. I'm also planning on a mid-day walk or maybe paddle, which will be fulfilling.

Nature is a wonderful medicine! We visited a museum which also made me think that I would like to learn more about Native American spirituality and practices. Big love and momentum there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment