Saturday, November 14, 2015

My body and I need to do different things together when we travel

I spent the past four days on a work trip in Rochester, NY. During that time, I was leading some workshops - so mostly up and about, contorting my body in strange positions, sleeping in a different bed, eating different food. When I listened to my body, I learned that the different rhythms and patterns were loud. I couldn't hear my body as well, I couldn't anticipate needs. I decided to eat a bagel with cream cheese, knowing that my body usually doesn't respond to that well. 

As I travel more for work - with an upcoming trip this week - I know I will need to take precautions: LOTS of water, for one. The plane trips dehydrate me and make me feel queasy, especially if I am dehydrated. I need to hold the "no sugar" rule and bring healthy snack options. I need to remember that food is fuel. 

More will unfold, and as my body and I travel more together, hopefully we'll learn more about each other that will bring us even closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment