I don’t feel
great about it. I am also trying not to beat myself up either.
What’s
fascinating is that I kind of talked myself into “deserving” it for a variety
of reasons – I am not running today so I can take a break, It’s to “finish off”
the weekend (whatever that means), I want to check in with the neighborhood and
hang at the place where I bought it for a bit, I will eat a salad for lunch and
dinner so breakfast can be a bit unhealthy. They seem almost silly to type now.
As I was walking back to my car with the piping hot breakfast sandwich in my hands, I asked my body if it wanted to eat this. It said no. I didn't listen to my body.
As I was walking back to my car with the piping hot breakfast sandwich in my hands, I asked my body if it wanted to eat this. It said no. I didn't listen to my body.
I am reading
Twyla Tharpe’s book: “The Creative Habit.” She talks about artists taking a
certain perspective to show people their world. Some people are very close in,
writing lots of detail others take a long view (e.g., historical fiction). I notice
that my mind jumps from one to the other very quickly and finds the best place
to make a case for why I should make my body do something.
So, now, my
body is digesting the food I made it eat. It has not rebelled or anything, by
my stomach feels full (too full) and the grease seems to have left a residue on
my hands and it feels like the grease will come out in my sweat. I am planning
to eat salad for lunch and I did drink a smoothie this morning, so there is
some fuel in there, but I just overwhelmed the fuel with grease.
I’ll keep
breathing, and listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment