Saturday, June 7, 2014

I've got a new relationshp

...because my old one ended last night.

He and I dated for 3 months, which is about the longest relationship I've had - save the one I'm in starting today. I've had my body for 31 years and have made the decision to start dating my body today.

I don't know what this looks like yet. 
I know we've been sleeping together every night for 31 years. 

I hope my body is interested in dating me. At times, I've been abusive to my body. I've let my body down. I've hurt my body deeply. I've ignored my body. I've talked a lot of shit about my body. And so begins the journey of showing my body that I care and will be here for my body unconditionally. 

This will take time. My first step is to spend some money on my body. I'm heading out this morning to get ingredients for a morning smoothie and to purchase The Body Book by Cameron Diaz. I'll admit that I'm skeptical and feeling like any attention I can spend on and with my body will be worth it. 

I hope my body likes the day that I have planned.

In the evening, I will be taking my body to a concert. I'm hoping the vibrations and dancing will encourage my body to let loose a little bit. Tomorrow through Wednesday, I'm taking my body to the ocean. We're starting off kind of big. I guess I feel I have a lot to make up to my body (see two paragraphs above). 

I'll be taking it day by day, and so will my body. Like other relationships I've been in, I'm hoping that we settle into some good grooves and keep things spontaneous. 

Here goes! Off to the grocery and bookstores - oh, and I'm walking. I think my body and I could use some quality walking time together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment