I've never been great about consistently putting on lotion. My body and I are going to start this ritual as a way to further connect us to one another. I need to be patient and explore this other side of my body (back) that I really just noticed in a real way for the first time yesterday.
In other exciting news, we completed our second day of marathon training. I noticed that I was in my head a lot - not really listening to every part of what my body was doing or saying. Not to fear, there is more running tomorrow to explore this.
I stopped by the grocery store on my way home for dinner and I had another realization as I grabbed for some yogurt. I need to be aware and listening to my body as I put things in it. It's not only about healthy, healthy, healthy... it's also about listening to how my body interacts with the food I bring home. It's a little bit like dating, in that I'm watching for how my body reacts to different food groups, like I'm introducing a boyfriend to different groups of friends: who gets along? Where is there tension? With whom does my body get grumpy? laugh with?
Fascinating. Good night all - my body and I are waking up early for Soulcycle in the morning. It's turning into one of our favorite things to do together!
No comments:
Post a Comment