Sunday, June 29, 2014

My body appreciates me when I take care of it

I've noticed that, when I am nice to my body, it responds. Even within a day or a week. Each day really does make a difference, which is important for me to remember when I've got down a bit of a junky rabbit hole and am telling myself that "who cares, I'm already in this." It does matter what I put in my body moment to moment.

It's Sunday evening and my body and I had a nice weekend. We went to CT to see my folks - took in some swimming at a giant pool, stopped at Sleeping Giant State Park for a run on the way home, and ate some good food. 

Tomorrow, it's up early for SoulCycle. I have a few things to do tonight for work, but I'm not sweating it. Well, actually, I am because it's hot as balls. I will be rocking the A/C to sleep tonight.

To warm the soul, I heard about a new documentary coming out called SuperMensch. It's about a rock manager named Shep Gordon. I heard him and Mike Myers (director) interviewed on fresh air and they are both just lovely people. Shep mentions that fish, when hooked, release a poison in their system. They just let go. It's fascinating to me that they have such control over their bodies - like some kind of instinctual kill switch. In my mind, our kill switch is pumping poison into our bodies over time. In some cases it's conscious, in others, not so much.

This weekend, I chose (mostly) to avoid poisons and get active. I know the choice will not always write itself, but I would like it to always be a conscious choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment