Sunday, June 15, 2014

My body and I went swimming this morning

Swimming is a wonderful way to get in touch with my body in a completely new way. The feeling of being immersed in water, with every muscle working to keep my body floating and moving through the water felt incredible.

I noticed my neck and how it moves front to back. My neck tended to get forced down a lot while swimming and dealing with my massive amounts of hair, so it felt wonderful to pause and stretch it out during the swim. That’s the thing about switching up how my body moves – there are always new things to discover.

I also noticed that swimming makes me particularly hungry afterwards. I was really craving protein and vegetables. I notice my body asking me for that kind of thing now. Of course, there are times when Goldfish and a Coke sound like a dream team (like right now).


My body and I are at the airport now. We’re both looking forward to getting home and getting some rest. I completed a full week of marathon training, which feels fantastic and is cause for celebration. 1 week down, 17 more to go. It feels good to be starting strong and taking it day by day. Tomorrow is a rest day… no problem! 

No comments:

Post a Comment