I am
bouncing back. Turns out my body loves being listened to and respected. When my
body is respected, it’s a gratuitous cycle: I listen to my body -> I give it
what it needs -> it shows up differently -> I feel good -> I listen to
my body…
Liberating
myself from the junk and major grains in my apartment has been incredibly
freeing. A nutrition friend once told me that she had a client who had a lot of
leftover cheese from a party. The woman knew the cheese was not the best choice
for her body, but she felt like it was her job to finish the cheese up from the
party. I COMPLETELY empathize with that sentiment. My nutritionist friend had a
very clear reaction to that: “So you’re planning on, literally, treating your
body like a trash can.” That has stuck with me.
This weekend
I will be with family, which is often very emotional. Thankfully, meals and
time with them are somewhat limited. It’s easy for me to lose my body when I am
with my family. Emotions and doing what’s necessary takes over. It interrupts
the harmony. It’s no fault of any of theirs, old habits just kick in more
easily.
My body can
tell that it’s Friday. There’s a kind of relaxing feeling, or calm. A good way
to be before traveling to be with the fam.
No comments:
Post a Comment