Thursday, June 12, 2014

My body doesn’t crave junk

My mind does. After the exercise-filled day yesterday, I thought to myself: “I definitely earned some dessert.” Then I checked in with my body and my body wasn’t into it. Sugar before bed felt like a dumb idea because my body wanted to get a good night’s sleep.

Lying in bed with my body felt very rewarding last night. My body reminded me this morning that it would like to be stretched out a bit more. I will make sure to do some of that before/after my run this afternoon. Thank goodness it’s a bit shorter. I’m also taking my body on a plane tomorrow, so stretching will help with all of that sitting too.

I am noticing that the upper part of my body likes to sit over the pelvic/sacrum area of my body. Keeping good posture actually makes my body feel better rather than being a pain in the ass. I have to pay continual attention to keeping my body up and structured that way, but I can hear my body feel stronger and more connected when I keep an upright posture.


My body and I are enjoying a salad and kombucha for lunch. I will listen, later, when my mind brings up dessert. Who knows? Maybe my body will be into it by then… I’ll just have to keep listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment