I failed and
passed some tests last night that I faced as they pertain to my body. I took my
body to a Dave Matthews Band concert yesterday afternoon and evening.
The morning
started off well. My body and I walked to the book store and picked up Cameron
Diaz’s, The Body Book. Apparently there is a whole Mind and Body section at
Porter Square books. How exciting! While we were out, we picked up some nice
healthy things to make smoothies. Our breakfast smoothie was delicious and so
easy to make. I love smoothies. We (my body and I) both do.
My body and
I left for the concert around 1:00pm. We went with another friend and all arrived
at the venue around 2:00pm. Our plan was to tailgate and the lot didn’t open
until 3:30pm. So, we all went to grab a beer.
Food/Drinking/Smoking
Pot (FAIL)
A thing that
often gets between me and my body is alcohol. Once I start drinking, the flood
gates open for any kind of (usually junky) food to come on in and bring all of
its friends. Smoking pot oddly connects me to my body in some ways, but (also) always
results in my overeating and eventually creating distance between me and my
body for days afterwards. So, I made my body eat more than it wanted to. I
could fabricate some story about giving my tastebuds something to keep them
interested, but really it was just poison and excess after a point.
Sun
Management (WIN)
I know some
Vitamin D is good, but because we were in a parking lot under the blazing sun
for hours and hours, I made sure to put on and reapply sunblock as well as
spend some time in the shade. I didn’t burn myself too bad, and I felt like I
had some good Vitamin D flowing.
Exercise/Movement
(TIE)
I made a
point to do some walking in the morning because I knew it would be a long day. We are glad we got in an hour of walking prior to leaving for the show. We also
took some time to walk around the concert and stretch our legs/digest some of
what we ate. We danced a bit at the concert, but ultimately should have worn
more supportive shoes. The flops didn’t cover it. The day + the pot made my
body and I feel really tired.
So, my body
and I are trying to reset things today. We’re in communication about what each
party needs. We are managing to take a little getaway – 30 miles out to sea –
where there is plenty of room and opportunity to move around together and
reconnect.
We will take
it day by day and I brought The Body Book for us to digest together.
No comments:
Post a Comment